Voting for the Clive Staples Award begins today. You may recall that last month I posted a notice that The Enclave is one of nineteen reader-nominated entries for this year’s Clive Staples Award (Clive Staples, you may or may not know, is what the “C” and the “S” stand for in “C.S. Lewis” who was something of a pioneer in Christian science fiction and fantasy)
The contest administrators have asked that I post the following regarding how to go about voting should you wish to do so:
Please read these instructions carefully, then proceed to the ballot by clicking on the link below.
CSA is not a popularity contest. The award has been established to recognize the work of fiction which readers designate as the previous year’s best. Consequently, voters must adhere to these basic rules.
- You MUST have read at least two of the nominations, the complete list of which is available HERE.
- You may vote only once for a first, second, and third choice.
- You may not vote for the same book as your second or third option that you voted for as your first choice.
- Your votes for second and third options may not be for the identical book.
- You may mark the “none of these” option if you do not have a second or third choice.
- Voting will close September 1, 2010.
- Second and third choice options will only be considered if a clear winner is not determined by the first choice vote.
To vote, click here and answer all the questions.