So I was going to use my progress the last week as an indicator of whether I should announce a potential delivery date for The Other Side of the Sky.
Clearly I did not announce one. The experiment was not a bust, but neither was it conclusive. I worked for 4 days. Then my hubby was off Friday and I had family things to do. On Saturday I installed an external hard drive on my computer to back up my stuff… supposed to be easy, but as with all things related to computers, it was not.
I barely had the accompanying program installed when an update announcement showed up. Unfortunately I had to somehow turn off everything that might require drive access — and I don’t even know what all that might be — and never succeeded. Not even with my antivirus program. As the hours drifted by, I finally gave it up. I didn’t have any external back up at all before. Now I have one. Maybe not optimum, but not worth the time of wading through obscure online instructions that never seem to actually represent what I’m seeing on my screen. Yes, I could call some tech support person but…
I want to write, not spend all my time fooling with that. So I didn’t. (Plus my printer’s pretty much just given up the ghost so I’m going to have to deal with that very soon..)
Sunday was church and an engagement party, from which I came home exhausted. For the first time, though, it didn’t carry over to Monday. Lately I’ve been feeling pretty normal. Walking the dog again, doing my regular stuff. Or at least working back up to it. And I did no work on Sky during the entire three days.
Blog writing has also taken a hit as is obvious to regular readers. I wonder if it’s because I’ve gotten out of the habit.
Anyway, I have more to say regarding the potential delivery date, but I’ll save that for another post.