Long Time, No Write

Well, it’s been awhile since I posted. A long while.  Like, a years-long while… I’ve been busy doing everything, it seems, except writing.  In fact, I just now canceled my Feed-Blitz account which sent out my posts to whoever signed up to receive them, because they kept sending me notices and bills for a service I hadn’t been using for years. And then they sent me a bill for a mailing list that had no names/addresses on it… telling me to pay up now or else.

It was probably stupidly impulsive — I should have at least waited until I’d written this post, but on the other hand, many of addresses in my file were likely no any good any more, anyway.  I think the service was geared more to people who are trying to sell things, than to someone with a simple blog.  Plus my own blog reading habits don’t require me to get a post in my inbox. I just check my favorite sites each day and read them as a matter of routine. It’s easier that way.

Of course if you’re trying to sell something, you’ll want to make sure people get reminded to read your posts as often as they come out, but that’s no longer what I’m doing.  As to what I am doing… well… I’m not sure…  I may be retired and just not know it yet. We’ll see.

15 thoughts on “Long Time, No Write

1. Ruth Duncan

Karen,
    I’m glad to hear from you. I’d begun to wonder if you’d retired to your eternal home. I keep wondering about your WIP – I think you called it Sky. If I remember correctly, you hinted it somehow linked Arena with the Light of Eden books.

I can understand not writing for a LONG time — I am alternating between writing often and going months without writing anything. Anyway, thanks for writing today.

Just a piece of trivia. Arena is one of two books in my life that I cried at the end – BECAUSE the book had ended and I so wanted more. A sequel on this earth would have even worked – how they lived their lives differently in “normal” life on this planet. But… that is just one fan’s idea.

2. Ricardo

I’m also glad to see an update from you. I actually checked your blog a few months ago to check for activity. I’ve probably been checking a few times a year for however long it’s been!

3. Phyllis Carr

You’re still one of my favorite authors. Arena is still a book I try to read every year or so. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Phyllis Carr

4. Michelle

It’s good to hear your voice! Have read and re-read all of your books. I keep looking on your blog to see if there are any forthcoming books. Keep up the good work.

5. Wendy Neudorf

Karen, I’ve missed you! It was so good to see you back in the cyber-world today. Know that I prayed for you just now – that the Lord would reveal Himself to you in ways that you never thought possible, and that His creativity would flow through you in whatever form that may take. Blessings!

6. Gregory Jurtz

So glad to hear from you. I still re-read your books when I need to remind myself that God is ever present and active and is working all thing to His glory and my good (to make me like Jesus). Even if you never write another work, the Guardian King series will continue to have an influence. Thank you!

7. Rebecca LuElla Miller

Your post still managed to find its way to my inbox, and I’m so glad! I have wondered about you often, Karen. I’ve always thought the beauty of being a writer is that I never have to retire. I hope you don’t leave fiction. Or blogging, for that matter. But I am confident God will show you what direction He wants you to take.

Becky

1. Karen Hancock Post author

Thanks, Becky! We may not have to retire, but sometimes we do need to take a break! Glad to see you’re still out there in the blogging world! Okay, off to walk the dog.

8. HeatherBee

YAY!!! it’s so good to see you again :-D!!! I was actually thinking about you a couple of days ago as I finished up Arena for the umpteenth time :-). As you ponder retirement, I would love to take the opportunity to thank you for your books! I love the levels you can take me. You and your work is thought of fondly. Keep following your heart and listening to the Spirit and you’ll be where you are meant to be (He’s not done with us yet). Over here, I’ll probably start re-reading Legends of the Guardian King :).
    In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank you for your books! And thank you for showing forms of God’s love and the true battles we face in the various scenes you depict. Finally, thank you for reaching out today <3 :)!!
    God bless and lots of love sent your way!
    Heather B

1. Karen Hancock Post author

Thanks, Heather! I appreciate the encouragement. As for my pondering of retirement, I’m thinking maybe not quite yet. I still have The Other Side of the Sky — half completed — and am toying with the notion of getting back to it… but more on that in an upcoming post…Or more likely, “posts”. 😉

9. Karen Kaufman

So glad to hear you are alive and well!
    I have wanted to thank you for quite sometime for introducing me to Pastor John Farlely of Lighthouse Point Bible Church. I studied under Col. Thieme for 30 years. He was the person who brought me to Christ. I still believe he was the best at gospel presentation. I was born Jewish. However over the years I believed he was not my right pastor teacher. I read you had gone through a similar experience. I thought it brave of you to state it! You spoke of Pastor McGlaughlin of Boston. However later you spoke of John Farley, that was Bingo for me. How appropriate to have it be Thanksgiving when I can thank you for that information. God is Faithful for sure!

1. Karen Hancock Post author

You’re more than welcome, Karen! I’m glad you found Pastor John. I continue to enjoy his teaching and his courage in following what God is speaking to him, even when others might not agree.

10. Christine

My heart leaped when I saw this was a recent post!! Haha! I appreciated your blog posts and often related to much of what you shared. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Thank you for your time and hard work in all you’ve shared. It’s meant so much to me.